Read our case study to find out how we helped P&C Insurance with our range of IT services and solutions.
- Auto, Homeowners, Renter & Motorcycle, 5.2 million vehicles covered, approximately $1.7 billion in premiums
- The company had implemented an Offshore model 2007-2010
- SDLC needed improvement to support expansion of services to all states
- Cost of development, maintenance, and support were financially capped thereby did not allow IT improvements
- Most applications were proprietary and had been developed in-house by the company so outsourcing was not an viable option
Solutions & Engagement Highlights
- An Agile Multi-shore approach was proposed as the best solution by integrating a Near-shore team to develop and support in house applications with the benefits of:
- Similar time zone (PST & CST)
- Ease of traveling both ways
- Maintain a low-cost operation
- A pilot team would be on-site for 12 weeks for knowledge transfer and training. After which they would return to Mexico and build the Near Shore delivery center and train the new developers
- The finished plan was to move most of the development Near-shore and keep QA Off-Shore for a follow the sun cycle
- The Pilot plan was reduced to 6 weeks due to positive progress
- The team was ramped up to 50 team members in the first year; it has had stretch periods of up to 95 and remains at an average of 50.
- The Nearshore team has worked in all systems including Policy Management, Claims, Billing, Web portals and mobile apps.
- Main technologies are .Net, C#, SQL, Java, HTML, IOS and Android.
- Average cost of the team is 3.3 Million USD per year lower than US costs (50%)
Pilot & KT
Other Case Studies
Workers' Compensation Insurance
IT Workforce Integration
Multi-line Insurance Provider
Workers's Compensation Insurance And P&C Lines